The Grand New York Textile Tour
New York is one of the great cities of the world – it’s dynamic, exciting, and a hub of artistic inspiration. Join us November 11 – 16, 2021 as we explore the creative side of the city. We’ll take in two landmark fashion exhibits, explore the garment district, and visit a local textile artist. We’ll even get out of the city to see the beautiful Hudson Valley. We hope you join us for this fabulous textile tour! Visit the Itinerary tab to learn more about our visit.
Pricing and Inclusions
Join the Grand New York Textile tour for $3150 per person land-only based on double occupancy. The single occupancy supplement cost is $975. A deposit of $750 per person will secure your spot on this tour due immediately at sign-up. The land-only cost does not include airfare. Prices are quoted in USD. Pricing is based on a certain number of participants; if this number is not met, pricing is subject to change.
Tour itinerary is subject to change based on the availability of venues and updated schedules. The full program will be outlined in detail in the daily itinerary provided to all participants just prior to the start of the tour.
The Grand New York Textile Tour is a collaboration between Hello Voyager and Lisa Ball Travel Design. Payment will be processed through Lisa Ball Travel Design. She will accept personal checks or Visa or Mastercard via Paypal.
November 11, 2021
November 16, 2021
Admission for all experiencesGratuities and taxesGround transportationLocal guidesPersonal GuideSmall group experienceSome meals includedSuperior boutique hotels
Round trip airfare*
Thursday, November 11
is a boutique gem, located right in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. The iconic Empire State Building is just a few minutes away, and you will be in the heart of the historic Garment District neighborhood, and blocks away from favorite attractions such as Bryant Park, Times Square, and the Theatre District.
Friday, November 12
After the museum, we will visit a local textile artist and learn about the contemporary art scene. Following our visit, we will return to our hotel.
Saturday, November 13
Following our time in the exhibit, you have the afternoon and evening on your own. You can stay and visit the Metropolitan Museum’s vast collection, go shopping, or go see your favorite NYC site.
Sunday, November 14
This morning a private minibus will pick us up at our hotel for a Hudson Valley Adventure. Our first stop is Tarrytown, otherwise known as the legendary Sleepy Hollow. Here, we will take a one-hour guided tour of the grand Lyndhurst Mansion with its sweeping location along the Hudson River.
After the tour, we’ll visit downtown Tarrytown where you can browse through some quaint shops or have lunch on your own.
Next, we drive further north along the river to visit a family-owned Alpaca farm where yarns are spun and wool items are created. We’ll even get to meet the alpacas and take photos!
Our final stop of the day is Garnerville, previously known as Calicotown, home of a once-thriving textile mill that first produced calico prints and cloth to make Civil War and WW1 uniforms. Today, the former textile mill is a wonderful farm-to-table restaurant called Hudson’s Mill.
Monday, November 16
Today we will learn the history of New York’s celebrated Garment District during a guided walking tour. The tour commences from our hotel and will show us the highlights of this vibrant district along with stories of the past and present.
You have the afternoon on your own to go back to the fabric and notions stores that were highlighted during the tour and do a little shopping!
Later that evening, we’ll walk to the Empire State Building and head to the top to see the magnificent views of the dazzling skyline. Then, we’ll return to the hotel for a special drinks reception where we will toast friendships forged, our wonderful tour, and New York City, one of the most diverse and remarkable cities in the world.
Sunday, November 16
Alas, all good things must come to an end – after checking out of our hotel it is time to travel home.
- Small group of up to only 12 for a fun, personalized tour.
Ground transportation using a reputable bus company for the full day of sight-seeing, visit to the Brooklyn Museum, and the Hudson Valley excursion
• A NYC subway day pass or an Uber (one-way) will be provided for the visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art visit
• Meals: Welcome Afternoon Tea and Angelina Paris USA the first day, Lunch at or near the Brooklyn Museum, Dinner at Hudson’s Mill during the Hudson Valley excursion; and a Drinks Reception at the Archer Hotel
• Gratuities and Taxes: Included are all tips for bus drivers and local guides hired during the tour as well as taxes pertaining to the hotels and group meals.
• Tours and Experiences: Afternoon Tea at Angelina Paris, tickets to the Christian Dior Exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum, a visit to a local Textile Artist’s studio, tickets to the In America Fashion Exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Visit and Guided Tour of Lyndhurst Mansion, Visit Tarrytown, Visit an alpaca farm, Visit and Dinner at a historic mill in Garnerville, Guided tour of the Manhattan Garment District, Tickets to the top of the Empire State Building, Drinks Reception at the Archer Hotel
- Carbon emissions offset – a portion of each tour fee is donated to Amazon Conservation.