Grand Swedish Textile Tour 2020
The Grand Swedish Textile Tour is an 8-night adventure experiencing the history of Sweden through design. Immerse yourself in the colorful cacophony of Josef Frank’s textile design. Learn about futuristic fabric at Smart Textiles in Borås. Travel back in time to a land of richly embroidered Dala horses in Stockholm. Join us on an adventure to delve into Sweden’s craft heritage while we also seek out the designers of tomorrow. Together we will learn, create, and share an unforgettable experience.
Pricing and Inclusions
Join us on the Grand Swedish Textile tour for $4800 per person land-only based on double occupancy. The single occupancy supplement cost is $1500. A deposit of $500 per person will secure your spot on this tour due immediately at sign-up. The deposit goes toward your base tour costs. The land-only cost does not include airfare, but we also offer full service airfare booking. Please let us know if you would like us to help you book your airfare. See full list of inclusions and itinerary under the “Itinerary” tab above. Tour itinerary subject to change based on availability of venues and updated schedules. The full program will be outlined in detail in the daily itinerary provided to all participants just prior to the start of the tour.
The Grand Swedish Textile Tour is a collaboration between Hello Voyager and Lisa Ball Travel Design. Payment will be processed through Lisa Ball Travel Design. She will accept personal checks or Visa or Mastercard via Paypal.
Admission for all experiencesBreakfasts and many meals includedGratuities and taxesGround transportationLocal guidesPersonal GuidePorterage at the hotelsSmall group experienceSuperior boutique hotels
Round trip airfare*
The adventure begins
Welcome to Sweden!
- Gårda Textil: Shop a wide range of fashion and interior fabrics.
- Artilleriet Interiors and Artilleriet Kitchens: Around the corner from each other, the former is considered the best interior design shop in Gothenburg.
- Norrgavel: Exclusive interior design studio designing sustainable furniture.
- Grandpa: Unique and trendy shop featuring fashion, interior design and gadgets.
- Rum 21: Design and furniture specialist
- And the Swedish-focused clothing stores: Tiger of Sweden; Nudie Jeans Co. Musa, and J. Lindberg among others.
A day out in Borås
- Smart Textiles: Part of the University of Borås, this showroom focuses on textiles of the future.
- FashionInk: A Swedish Fashion Incubator working with textile and fashion start-ups.
Gunnebo House and Gardens
Welcome to Stockholm!
Our adventure in Stockholm
- City tour with a local guide. This tour will especially focus on one of the most important Stockholm landmarks, City Hall. This is where the annual Nobel Prize Banquet is held.
- Visit Gudrun Sjödèn Design, a vibrant clothing and lifestyle company.
- A day to visit the Moderna Museet, the modern art museum, ArkDes, Sweden's center for architecture and design, and Svensk Form, the premier design magazine for Sweden. All of these sites are on the city island of Skeppsholmen.
- Visit the new Marimekko flagship store.
- Enjoy a Craft Workshop with a local artist.
- Visit Svensk Tenn, the design store that popularized Danish Modern design.
- Experience the Skansen Open Air Folk Museum – various Swedish crafts and historic buildings.
- On the evening of August 6th we will toast the fabulous country of Sweden with a Celebration Dinner.
- Nobel Prize Museum – documents the history of this preeminent prize
- Royal Palace –the Swedish royal jewels are on display
- Vasa Museum – interesting recovered war ship; it’s like a time capsule from 1628
- Historic Canal Boat Tour – a relaxing way to see the outer most island areas
- Archipelago Cruise – and many more museums and experiences!
Grand Swedish Textile Tour Inclusions
- Small group of up to only 15 for a fun, personalized tour.
- 8 nights in superior boutique hotels in Gothenburg and Stockholm, Sweden.
- 12 total meals: 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners.
- Admission for more than 10 unique tours and experiences.
- Gratuities and Taxes for coach drivers, local guides, hotels and group meals.
- Transportation in a private coach around in West Sweden and to Stockholm, plus Stockholm public transportation.
- A three-day Stockholm Pass for public transportation use in central Stockholm and free entry to a number of wonderful museums and experiences.
- Porterage included at the hotels where available.
Upon arrival in Sweden we will enjoy two days exploring the vibrant cities of Gothenburg and Borås. Then we are off to discover Stockholm, a glistening city built on crystal blue canals. This world-class design city holds a treasure trove of tiny shops, delicious restaurants and delightful surprises. Explore the map below to see the regions that we will be visiting.