Coming Soon – The Grand Swedish Textile Tour
The Grand Swedish Textile Tour is an 8-night adventure experiencing the history of Sweden through design. Immerse yourself in the colorful cacophony of Josef Frank’s textile design. Learn about futuristic fabric at Smart Textiles in Borås. Travel back in time to a land of richly embroidered Dala horses in Stockholm. Join us on an adventure to delve into Sweden’s craft heritage while we also seek out the designers of tomorrow. Together we will learn, create, and share an unforgettable experience.
Pricing and Inclusions
Join us on the Grand Swedish Textile tour for $4800 per person land-only based on double occupancy. The single occupancy supplement cost is $1500. A deposit of $500 per person will secure your spot on this tour due immediately at sign-up. The land-only cost does not include airfare. Tour itinerary subject to change based on availability of venues and updated schedules. The full program will be outlined in detail in the daily itinerary provided to all participants just prior to the start of the tour.
The Grand Swedish Textile Tour is a collaboration between Hello Voyager and Lisa Ball Travel Design. Payment will be processed through Lisa Ball Travel Design. She will accept personal checks or Visa or Mastercard via Paypal.
Admission for all experiencesBreakfasts and many meals includedGratuities and taxesGround transportationLocal guidesPersonal GuidePorterage at the hotelsSmall group experienceSuperior boutique hotels
Round trip airfare*
We arrive in the vibrant harbor city of Gothenburg to meet our private coach. Before heading to the hotel we will take in a panoramic tour of this scenic West Sweden city. A local guide will be on-hand to tell us about its rich – and royal – history.
After checking into the Hotel Flora, you have time on your own to rest or visit the unique fabric, design, and fashion shops that are within walking distance of the hotel.
- Gårda Textil: Shop a wide range of fashion and interior fabrics.
- Artilleriet Interiors and Artilleriet Kitchens: Around the corner from each other, the former is considered the best interior design shop in Gothenburg.
- Norrgavel: Exclusive interior design studio designing sustainable furniture.
- Grandpa: Unique and trendy shop featuring fashion, interior design and gadgets.
- Rum 21: Design and furniture specialist
- And the Swedish-focused clothing stores: Tiger of Sweden; Nudie Jeans Co. Musa, and J. Lindberg among others.
We will be resting our head for three nights at Hotel Flora – a family-owned boutique property and one of the best design hotels in West Sweden. The city center location of Hotel Flora is superb as it is within easy walking distance to a number of diverse local design and fashion shops. Our stay package includes a deluxe buffet breakfast, complimentary WiFi and warm Swedish hospitality!
- Smart Textiles: Part of the University of Borås, this showroom focuses on textiles of the future.
- FashionInk: A Swedish Fashion Incubator working with textile and fashion start-ups.
Following breakfast at the hotel, we’ll visit Gunnebo House and Gardens, a beautiful country estate from the 1700s. The decoration, furnishing, and landscaping of the house were designed by Carl Wilhelm Carlberg, a Gothenburg architect. The area is a cultural heritage site, and the whole park has been organically certified since 2006 – with an emphasis on historical garden crafts. Our experience at Gunnebo House includes a Guided Tour, and we’ll stay for a delicious Lunch at the Café.
Back in Gothenburg you can enjoy cocktails at a fun harbor bar, check out more design shops and enjoy the city's culinary offerings. A list of Gothenburg restaurants will be part of your daily itinerary.
Following breakfast, our private motor-coach will drive us across scenic Sweden to Stockholm, a city built upon 14 islands in an archipelago.
Hotel Rival will be our home in Stockholm. This comfortable boutique hotel is in one of the trendiest neighborhoods, Södermalm. This island, a favorite borough among locals, is in the southernmost part of the city central and is a hot-spot for artists, musicians, designers, unique shops and restaurants. Our stay package at Hotel Rival includes a fabulous breakfast each morning, complimentary WiFi, and a location next to a lovely park.
Days 6 – 8
Over the next 3 days we'll seek out the textiles and design studios that form Stockholm's vibrant design scene.
- City tour with a local guide. This tour will especially focus on one of the most important Stockholm landmarks, City Hall. This is where the annual Nobel Prize Banquet is held.
- Visit Gudrun Sjödèn Design, a vibrant clothing and lifestyle company.
- A day to visit the Moderna Museet, the modern art museum, ArkDes, Sweden's center for architecture and design, and Svensk Form, the premier design magazine for Sweden.
- Visit the new Marimekko flagship store.
- See amazing costumes at the ABBA museum.
- Visit Svensk Tenn, the design store that popularized Danish Modern design.
- Experience the Skansen Open Air Folk Museum – various Swedish crafts and historic buildings.
- On our last evening we will toast the fabulous country of Sweden with a Celebration Dinner.
- Nobel Prize Museum – documents the history of this preeminent prize
- Royal Palace –the Swedish royal jewels are on display
- Vasa Museum – interesting recovered war ship; it’s like a time capsule from 1628
- Historic Canal Boat Tour – a relaxing way to see the outermost island areas
- Archipelago Cruise – and many more museums and experiences!
- Small group of up to only 15 for a fun, personalized tour.
- Carefully selected hotels reflecting excellent service, fabulous amenities and locations in Gothenburg and Stockholm - 8 nights total. Porterage included at the hotels where available.
- Ground transportation included using reputable private motor-coach companies.
- Meals: Breakfasts at all the hotels (8 total); Welcome Dinner in Gothenburg the first day; Lunch in Borås; Lunch at Gunnebo House; Celebration Dinner on the final night – 12 total meals.
- Admission for more than 10 unique tours and experiences.
- Gratuities and Taxes for coach drivers, local guides, hotels and group meals.
- A three-day Stockholm Pass for public transportation use in central Stockholm and free entry to a number of wonderful museums and experiences.
- Carbon emissions offset – a portion of each tour fee is donated to Amazon Conservation.