The Grand Italian Textile Tour
Experience the magic of Italy on the Grand Italian Textile Tour, April 16th – 26th, 2020. Italian fabric is the gold standard in the fashion and sewing industry. Travel with us and learn about the history of fabric, fashion and design in Florence, Venice and the Lake District of Italy. We will begin the tour in the beautiful Lake District, visiting Como, the “City of Silks”. Then, we will explore the luxurious velvet mills and lace-makers in Venice, Burano and Murano. Finally, we will travel to glorious Florence, a city known for its art, design and fashion culture. Immerse yourself in creativity and inspiration on this carefully crafted textile tour.
Pricing and Inclusions
Join us on the Grand Italian Textile tour for $5500 per person land-only based on double occupancy. The single occupancy supplement cost is $1500. A deposit of $500 per person will secure your spot on this tour due immediately at sign-up. The land-only cost does not include airfare. The tour itinerary is subject to change based on availability of venues and updated schedules. The full program will be outlined in detail in the daily itinerary provided to all participants just prior to the start of the tour.
The Grand Italian Textile Tour is a collaboration between Hello Voyager and Lisa Ball Travel Design. Payment will be processed through Lisa Ball Travel Design. She will accept personal checks or Visa or Mastercard via Paypal.
April 16, 2020
April 26, 2020
Admission for all experiencesBreakfasts and many meals includedGratuities and taxesGround transportationLocal guidesPersonal GuidePorterage at the hotelsSmall group experienceSuperior boutique hotels
Round trip airfare*
Day 1 – Thursday, April 16
Day 2 – Friday, April 17
Welcome to Italy! Our exclusive tour begins with everyone meeting for a Welcome Lunch in Como, Italy.After lunch we will visit Mantero's factory and design studio just south of Como. Mantero is one of Italy's most important textile printing and weaving companies and they produce fabrics for many of Italy, France and the U.K.'s top brands.
We will stay in Bellagio for three nights at the Hotel Du Lac, a family-owned 4-star hotel located along the lakefront near the town square. The hotel offers breathtaking views, an elegant atmosphere and fine dining. Your hotel stay package includes free WiFi and breakfast each morning.
Day 3 – Saturday, April 18
Today we'll experience another day excursion to beautiful Como, once known as the "City of Silk". We will enjoy a guided tour of The Silk Museum of Como which offers a look at the entire silk manufacturing process, from silkworm breeding to finishing.
After the tour, we will enjoy Lunch together, followed by time to visit the local fabric shops. We will return to Bellagio in late afternoon.
Day 4 – Sunday, April 19
Day 5 – Monday, April 20
A private motor-coach will take us to Juliet's hometown of Verona for Lunch together in the shadow of an ancient Roman arena. After, there will be time to stroll through the main piazza for shopping or you can make your way to see the famous Juliet balcony.
Later in the afternoon we will arrive in Venice and check-in to our stunning hotel near St. Mark's Square, the Hotel Saturnia & International Venezia. This 4-star superior hotel is located partially in a 14th century palace. Featuring exquisite Venetian style furnishings and atmosphere, this family-owned hotel combines the city's historic past with all the contemporary amenities for the most comfort. Your stay package includes complimentary WiFi and a daily breakfast buffet.
Days 6 & 7 – Tuesday, April 21 through Wednesday, April 22
- An exclusive backstage tour of the Museum of Palazzo Mocenigo Study Centre of the History of Textiles, Costumes and Perfume. Rooms in this luxurious palazzo show the life of a Venetian nobleman between the 17th and 18th century. On display are ancient garments and accessories as well as patterned fabrics embellished with embroidery and lace.
- A visit to the artisanal weaving workshop of Tessitura Luigi Bevilacqua, makers of fine fabrics for furnishings and high fashion. We will see their velvets, damasks, brocatelles and the precious "sopraizzo" velvet, which is still made by hand.
- A private tour of Venice's lagoon, including a trip to the islands of Murano to see the glass factories and Burano, home to exquisite handmade Venetian lace.
- A visit to The Fortuny Museum which is set inside a large Gothic palazzo in Campo San Beneto. We will learn about Mariano Fortuny and see his own atelier of photography, stage-design, textile-design and painting.
- An exclusive after-hours tour of St. Mark's Cathedral. Enjoy this exclusive chance to view this magnificent cathedral after all the tourists have left!
Day 8 – Thursday, April 23
A private motor-coach will drive us through the beautiful Tuscan countryside to Florence. On the way, we will stop and visit the Textile Museum of Prato. The collections at this museum span a textile history of over 800 years. Afterwards, we will indulge in a Tour and Lunch at a local Winery before making our way to Florence.
We will enjoy three nights at the Hotel Berchielli, a charming, 4-star hotel located within the historic city center near the River Arno and the Ponte Vecchio. Your hotel package includes free WiFi and breakfast.
Days 9 & 10 – Friday, April 24 through Saturday, April 25
- A visit to the Museum of Costume and Fashion in the Palazzina of the Meridiana in the Pitti Palace. This museum houses 300 years of fashion in a brilliant setting.
- A tour of the Museo Salvatore Ferragamo, the historic showcase of the genius of Salvatore Ferragamo and his fabulous shoe designs.
- A chance to meet Michelangelo's David at the Accademia Gallery.
- Time for shopping, artist visits and more!
Day 10 – Sunday, April 26
- Carefully selected hotels reflecting excellent service, fabulous amenities and one of a kind design in Bellagio, Lake Como; in Venice; and in Florence – 9 total nights in Italy. Porterage included at the hotels where available.
- Ground transportation included using reputable private motor-coach companies.
- Meals: Breakfasts at all the hotels (9 total); Welcome Dinner at the Bellagio hotel first night; Lunches in Como; in Verona; a Tour, Tasting and Lunch at a Winery; and a Celebration Dinner in Florence on final night – 14 total meals.
- Gratuities and Taxes: Included are all tips for coach drivers and local guides hired during the tour as well as taxes pertaining to the hotels and group meals.
- Tours and Experiences: The Silk Museum of Como; Mantero near Como; Verona; Tour of Museum of Palazzo Mocenigo Study Centre of the History of Textiles, Costumes and Perfume in Venice; Tessitura Luigi Bevilacqua in Venice; Lagoon Tour in Venice; The Fortuny Museum in Venice; and an After-Hours Tour of St. Mark’s Cathedral in Venice; Textile Museum of Prato; Winery Tour and Lunch in Tuscan countryside; Museum of Costume and Fashion at Pitti Palace in Florence; Museo Salvatore Ferragamo in Florence; and the Accademia Gallery in Florence.
- Plus, a two-day Venice Visitor Card for free transportation on Venice’s water buses.
- Carbon emissions offset - a portion of each tour fee is donated to Amazon Conservation.