Grand British Textile Tour
The Grand British Textile Tour is an 8-night adventure experiencing the history of England through design. Imagine yourself in the heavy silk gowns of Georgian-era Bath. Step into the swirling floral Arts and Crafts world of William Morris. Get lost in the bustling atmosphere of London, where hidden treasures lie around every corner. Embark on an adventure to explore neighborhoods, soak up inspiration, and experience design and textiles in England. Together we will learn, create, and share an unforgettable experience. Our June 2109 tour is now sold out. We are exploring dates for September 2019 and will update with final dates soon. If you are interested in joining us in the fall, please fill out the form on the right.
Pricing and Inclusions
Join us on the Grand British Textile tour for $4800 per person land-only based on double occupancy. The single supplement cost is $1500. A deposit of $500 per person will secure your spot on this tour due immediately at sign-up. The deposit is credited toward your base tour costs. The land-only price does not include airfare, but we also offer full service airfare booking. Please let us know if you would like us to help you book your airfare. See full list of inclusions and itinerary under the “Itinerary” tab above. Tour itinerary subject to change based on availability of venues and updated schedules. The full program will be outlined in detail in the daily itinerary provided to all participants just prior to the start of the tour.
The Grand British Textile Tour is a collaboration between Hello Voyager and Lisa Ball Travel Design. Payment will be processed through Lisa Ball Travel Design. She will accept personal checks or Visa or Mastercard via Paypal.
Admission for all experiencesBreakfasts and many meals includedGratuities and taxesGround transportationLocal guidesPersonal GuidePorterage at the hotelsSmall group experienceSuperior boutique hotels
Round trip airfare*
The adventure begins
Welcome to England!
The Abbey Hotel
A day out in Bath
Exploring the Cotswolds
The White Hart Royal Hotel
Our adventure in London
Fabric and Design in London
- Liberty of London: Visit the legendary store to see the best designs in the world of fashion and home decoration, as well as Liberty’s amazing fabric department.
- Savile Row Tour: Get inside the iconic stores on Savile Row and learn what goes into creating a bespoke garment.
- Saturday Morning at the Market: Browsing the stalls at the famous Portobello Road Market in Notting Hill!
- Fabric and textile stores: Go on a guided tour of some of London’s best fabric stores.
- On Saturday evening we’ll toast our marvelous tour with dinner followed by a private mini-coach evening tour around the city.
The Montague on the Gardens
Grand British Textile Tour Inclusions
- Small group of up to only 15 for a fun, personalized tour
- 8 nights in superior boutique hotels in Bath, the Cotswolds and London
- 15 meals: 8 breakfasts, 3 dinners, 1 afternoon tea
- Admission for over 10 unique tours and experiences
- Porterage included at the hotels
- Gratuities and taxes for all coach drivers, local guides, hotels, and group meals
- Transportation in a private coach through the countryside, plus London public transportation
- Plus, there will be a few surprises on the way!
Upon arrival in England we will make our way through the glorious English countryside to Bath where we will spend two days before journeying to the Cotswolds. After our countryside excursions, it is time to immerse ourselves in the swirling cacophony of London. One of the most exciting cities in the world, it is a heady mix of the ultra-modern present and mystical past. Down its crooked streets lay a warren of tiny shops, delicious restaurants and delightful surprises. Explore the map below to see the regions that we will be visiting.